you and me and baby makes three

Thursday, March 18, 2010

The one with the new words

During our stay in Australia, Kate did a few "first-times". So when we came back, everyone was suprised at the new stuff she could do. While at the beach in surfers paradise, Kate suddenly stood up all by herself - previously she needed support before she could do so. This, fortunately, was caught on video. Hubs was so suprised he exclaimed loudly!  Before we left for our holiday, she just learnt how to walk. When we came back, she was walking alot more by herself. She also started saying "See you!" together with her byes which is so darn cute & I think she picked that up while we were there.


Tonight, my little gal suprised me again.
I asked her if she wanted some milk before she sleeps, & she nodded which was her usual reaction to the question. Then I asked her "Are you sure?". To my immerse suprise & no doubt delight, she answered me, "Sure!"


My little gal.


Anyway yesterday when I was sleeping in the morning, Kate was playing on my tummy. I am having a bad throat so I got hubs to buy strepsils for me which was hidden under my blanket. Stupid of me actually. Kate found it & took one. While sleeping, I suddenly heard a choking sound. The first thought that came to my mind was Kate's choking & what can she be choking on?! I got up immediately & grabbed her. She was gasping & in her small fist was my packet of strepsils. I smelled her mouth & yea, my little tot took my strepsil. Sigh! She managed to swallow it down, amidst her crying & for awhile after that, I didn't know whether to be upset or laughing. Upset because I didn't know what could happen to her, since its medicine & she's so young. In the end, all I did was pray she would only get abit of tummy-ache & nothing else. So careless of me actually. Last night I showed her the packet of strepsils & asked her if she wanted some & she nodded! @##@ I told her that if she ever got her hands on it again, she is to give it to me, haha. I don't think that's what she will be doing though, if ever again she gets her hands on it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment